Thursday, February 16, 2012

Introducing....Sweet Scentplicity by Irion

Today I want to introduce a wonderful shop from New Orleans! Visit an amazing candle shop Sweet Scentplicity  by Irion! These candles are so amazing and come in a jar perfect for a gift, easy to store, dust free and and looks so special and luxurious!




Like you know, I illustrate and this unique shop inspired me to illustrate a one of a kind gift tag!
Enjoy and feel free to contact me if you need your product or brand illustrated!


Please introduce yourself...


Hey everyone! My name is Irion, but some people around Etsy refer to me as "Sweet". I 'm a full time mommy, wife, and candle lover. To say that I love candles is kind of an understatement, but I can't thin  of a better word to use. Everything about candles, the smell, the color, the look, all have the ability to change the mood of an entire room. If you light one up, sit back and relax, it can turn your day from crazy to calm in a matter of seconds. That's part of the reason I love them so much.


What inspired you to go into candle design?

During my freshman year in high school, my mom used to help out one of her co-workers who made candles by selling them to my family. I was like, "Wow. Did she make those?" I researched how to make candles, and began experimenting with my own. My first candles were actually made from wax that was from my grandma's foot spa thingy LOL. After using up all of her wax, I begged her to buy me some candle supplies, and before you knew it, I was open for business. I began selling them to my family members and teachers at school. I was addicted to making candles and it was a great way to make money since I was too young to get a real job. I eventually had to stop selling them at school because a teacher almost set the building on fire trying to light one, but that's another story for another time. LOL!
Fast forward to my adult life and here I am selling candles again. I needed something to do outside of being a housewife so I decided to fall back in love with candles. I used to sell them at flea markets and on a local website, then I found Etsy.

How long does it take to make a candle and what is your favorite scent?

It takes me about 30 minutes to make a batch of candles. That's including wicking, melting, mixing, and pouring. I can usually make about 12 at a time. The cooling stage is the longest  part. That takes a few hours. My favorite scent is Sugar Cookies. It smells so YUMMY. I've never has a customer that didn't fall in love with this scent. It's a best seller and my pride and joy because it's the best quality Sugar Cookie out there.


How do you promote your business?

Until recently I've been promoting though word by mouth. Now I have a Facebook and Twitter  page so I'm trying to use those to my advantage. Please LIKE my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter
@ swtscentplicity. I'm going to be hosting giveaways and contests through these sites within the coming weeks, so be on the lookout=)

Where do you see your brand in 5 years?


In the next 5 years, Sweet Scentplicity will be a well known name. I take pride in the fact that my products and hand made with love by ME and not a machine or assembly of random people who don't really care about the candle quality. I don't aspire to be the next Yankee candle, but I do dream that many more people will get to experience my products. I also plan to expand into body lotion, soaps, and lip balms within the next two years.





                      Please visit the Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetScentplicity

And like you know Facebook is a must, so pop in and give a LIKE!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Scentplicity/237854489606450

Twitter a easy and fast way to keep in touch, so go and tweet!
https://twitter.com/#!/swtscentplicity



Feel free to contact me for any questions! http://www.etsy.com/shop/BaleaRaitzART


5 comments:

Thank you very much for reading my post and commenting! Your comment is very important to me and will be answered!
I hope my post to be an inspiration!